Pick your language

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bedtime Discussion with Anna

Anna: Daddy do you want to sleep with Fluffy tonight? (fluffy is a stuffed dog)
Daddy: Thank you Anna, but I don't need to sleep with fluffy because I get to hug mommy when I go to sleep. That's what happens when you get married.
Anna: Oh.
Daddy: Goodnight Anna. I love you. (Goes to close the door)
Anna: Daddy?
Daddy: Yes?
Anna: How do I know which one to marry?
Daddy (a little surprised, and smiling): What do you mean Anna?
Anna: Daddy, I don't know which one to choose. There are so many!
Daddy: It's ok Anna, you are only 4 you have plenty of time to just have fun and not worry about it.
Anna: But Daddy, how do I know which one to choose?
Daddy: Don't worry Anna, when you are older you will know who the right one is. You will feel it in your heart and in your mind, and when you pray to Heavenly Father.
Anna: Daddy? I will have to go to every house tomorrow and knock on all the doors to find out!
Daddy (smiling): Anna, how old are you?
Anna: Four.
Daddy: Daddy is thirty four, that is a lot older. You don't have to worry about getting married at least until you are eighteen, maybe thirty.
Anna: Ok. Daddy? Can I marry you?
Daddy (smiling): Anna, Daddy is married to Mommy.
Anna: Can you marry me too?
Daddy: Hmmm, then I would'nt get to be your Daddy. I really like being your Daddy. Don't you want me to be your Daddy?
Anna: Yeah. How will I know who to choose?
Daddy: Someday when you are a lot older you will find a wonderful prince, but for now you should have fun and enjoy being Anna, ok?
Anna: Ok.
Daddy: I love you Anna. Goodnight.
Anna: I love you Daddy. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Nicholette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrian said...

Oh, Anna! You and Vanessa must be a good example of how great marriage can be if she's already decided that's what she wants. :)

Unknown said...

We have similar conversations with our 4yr old. She is perfectly content with her daddy finding a husband for her. :) Her only criteria...that his name is Josh (that is her daddy's name!) lol. They are just so sweet at this age. Enjoy every minute of it!!

p.s. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Burlap is tons of fun, you really should just dive right in. That's what I did.