Pick your language

Sunday, May 17, 2009

I have been working with Anna on personalizing her prayers - saying Thank you" for things we did that day that she liked, and asking for things she really wants the next day. She often prays not to be scared of monsters, or that she can have a fun day the next day, or thank you for Dora the Explorer. Today was a little special though:

Anna:
"Heavely Father, Thank You for this day.
Please bless that tomorrow is Anna's birthday...
and that Anna can open her Piggy Bank.
Name of Jesus Christ Amen.

I love children's prayers because they are so honest. I wish it were my Birthday tomorrow too!

-Russ

3 comments:

Adrian said...

Oh yes! You find out what they really want, like when Yoroko prayed the other day that I wouldn't have to go to work tomorrow... What a cute thing for Anna to ask for!

Nicholette said...

are you sure that wasn't "thank you for this steak" ??? Haha, that's adorable.

Christy said...

I love all your posts about Anna. It helps us who can't be around her much to get to know her. By the way, we're coming to Utah around the 4th of July. We gotta get together!