Pick your language

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Anna's broken heart


After picking up on a conversation I was having on the phone with a friend, about another friend's "broken heart", Anna tells me:


Anna: Mommy, do you know my heart broke sometimes?

Me: It did? What happened?

Anna: It just broke mommy.

Me: How sad! And what did you do?

Anna: I just have to fix it.

Me: And how do you fix a broken heart, Anna?

Anna: You just get a new one.

Me: How do you get a new heart, sweetie?

Anna: You just paint it, with some paint, and then you put it in your tummy, and then you're done!



2 comments:

Nicholette said...

that's SOOO funny...and sad...and cute... all at the same time!!

Adrian said...

Oh, so sweet!! I hope that works for her. And isn't it scary to have your sweet daughter talk about that- and to know that it's in her future somewhere? Things like that make me want to keep our little girls safe and innocent as long as I can!