Pick your language

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Introductions



Today I went to the Social Security office to get Emma a card, since the hospital in Michigan never really submitted for one when she was born. If you've ever been there you know, long lines.... we were number 123, they were calling 104... sigh.

Mommy tries to keep Anna busy and prays that Emma stays asleep.

In comes another mommy with her little girl, and they sit right next to us! Hooray! A buddy!

Anna in her talkative mood says:
Hi, I'm Anna!
Little girl: No, I'm Anna!
Anna: No, I'm Anna!
(Moms look at each other wondering, and finally figure out they are both called Anna!)
Anna continues with her introductions:
Anna: This is my friend Bunny, this is my friend Bear.
Little girl a bit frightened by Anna's friendliness: Mommy!
Anna pointing at me: And this is my friend, Mommy!

I smile. I love being her friend!


1 comment:

Adrian said...

Yay! What a great story! How fun to be her friend!