Pick your language

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving


Here is the beautiful Cornucopia that Anna made in school to celebrate Thanksgiving!  She did a wonderful job! I wish I had a picture of our dinner to post with this entry, but since I was hosting  at my home I was busy being the "perfect hostess" and didn't take any pictures.  I do have to say that I was very grateful for the chance to celebrate Thanksgiving at my home and get to do most of the cooking.  I'm not being sarcastic either, I actually am one of those weird people who enjoy the kitchen.  I cooked for two days straight, and I have to say that I had a blast.  Granted, I'm still cleaning up after the event, but it was worth it.  Brining a turkey is the thing to do, let me tell ya!  My leftovers are still juicy!  And I found a wonderful sweet potato casserole recipe and got lots of compliments on it, so I'm happy.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have to say I am so thankful for all the wonderful blessings that our family has received this past year, and continues on receiving.  I'm thankful for family and friends, for being able to say that my family and my friends are the same group of people a lot of times, and that I never thought it would be so great to have that in my life, and in my children's lives.  I have a beautiful family of four special people that love each other, respect each other, watch out for each other, fight with each other, play with each other, yell at each other, dance with each other, laugh with each other, cherish each other, and wouldn't have it any other way.  We have so much to be grateful for!

No comments: